Rocky Nook Bowls- history.
1901 –Club is founded by three members of Mt Albert Bowling Club
1902 - 1st November, opening of first bowling green at 362-368 New North Road (now Alsco)- the rocky nook that gave it its name.
1910 - Addition of a croquet lawn and one bowls rink "made available to lady bowlers".
1916 – Pavilion is moved back closer to the rail line (celebrated in the attached photo)
1956 – Moved on to the site of the Malvern Croquet and Tennis Club, Fowlds Park
1973 - First New Zealand Club to visit Victoria bowling association in Australia
1977 - New lounge and bar built by the members
1980 – Gaming machines put into the club to pay off members’ debentures to the club used for the new building.
1999 - Amalgamation of Rocky Nook Bowls Club and Women's Bowling Club was completed. "Our hope is to look forward to the future with the same confidence as our predecessors have done."
2011- building sold to Auckland Irish Society and operating agreement established between the two organisations.
2020- new club mascot, Koti Kotare and club beer- Jack Attack pilsner.
2021- New Constitution ratified at AGM
2022- First greens lighting